Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Training

This spring I am offering a hands on ebru workshop in the Portland, Oregon area.

ebru workshop
DIY LYFE!

The Village Gallery of Arts has recently added my Turkish paper marbling class to the calendar. On Saturday, May 19th, I will be hosting a four hour workshop. Giving time for the essential instructions, plus lots of hands on marbling time. This is your chance (if your in the area) to learn the techniques of marbling on paper, allowing you to produce sought after traditional patterns, or create unique individual expressions.

http://villagegalleryarts.org

In other news,
It's Spring and I am creating, and creating, and creating.

ebru - marbled paper
double layer ebru

The overlain transparency of lines and colors in this piece create a feast for the eyes. I feel drawn in one direction, yet pushed into another, leading into a swirl of melted sunset colors that whisper of days past.

With bright flowers popping up everywhere I look, no wonder I have been finding them in my ebru too.

Turkish paper marbling - Ebru
spring bloom

This multiple layer piece captures Oregon spring time pretty well for me. The blue streaks of rain water running down the window augmenting the bright blooms amidst the gray, and the fleeting contrast of blooms and fallen petals.

Peace & Love,
-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment