Friday, July 26, 2013

Silk Road

Whats new? Well, I have recently started marbling fabric.

First I had to build a new tray out of wood that is long enough to fit most scarves. I also added a couple new brands of paint into my supplies. Then I found a good source for silk.

new ebru tray
Breaking in the new tray.

Everything came together quite nicely. The silk scarves perfectly captured the ebru's vibrance, and the lines in the patterns are both sharp and bold.

Silk Ebru
Pacific Blue, silk ebru scarf modeled by Chelsea Rose.

To my delight the silk even captured the smallest details of the tighter patterns. Plus the fabric is still light and silky.

Silk Ebru
Cascade Green, silk ebru scarf modeled by Chelsea Rose.

I kept the color pallet simple on the first two pieces so they could be easily added into any wardrobe. But my love for color contrast prevailed on this last scarf. The yellow speckles really pop off the blue and purple swirls and provide welcomed line breaks in the black details.

Silk Ebru
Chelsea Rose "The Space Gypsy" modeling my new ebru silk scarf.

I am really enjoying working on silk. I like the idea of people walking around with my art. Plus I look forward to trying other fabrics too.

Whoa! Check it out, all three silk scarves are available in my etsy shop!

Hand of a creation
Painty ebru hand.

-WORKSHOP UPDATE- I am hosting my first fabric marbling workshop in August at Portland's Village Gallery. The workshop will be open to all skill levels. If you're interested please sign-up for my ebru workshops in advance by contacting me at art@dannyebru.com, or the village Gallery at (503)644-8001.

Peace & Love,
- Danny


8 comments:

  1. what kind of paints are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this film was posted on the marbling group in yahoogroups the other day, don't know if you've seen it or not:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyga8VMWXKg&feature=youtu.be

    restored film of the 70’s. Shows a different way to do patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. interesting. I liked the cheater rake for making drips.

      Delete
  3. Hello, Could you please tell me how you built your long tray? I want to painting long pieces and guess I have to make my own, but I'm not very experienced at making frames. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Could you please tell me how you built your long tray? I want to painting long pieces and guess I have to make my own, but I'm not very experienced at making frames. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mohammad imamul call 9871857483

    ReplyDelete