Thursday, February 4, 2016

Winter Shows

This winter I took part in a couple group art shows around Portland.

I made all new work to display for both shows. It was a blast working on mediums I don't always work with. The first show required me to work on wood panels for the first time. While the second show demanded vinyl records.

Portland Big 500
Wood panels at the Portland Big 500

The Portland Big 500 is an annual group show featuring local artist working on identical wood panels. This show happens every year, but this was my first time participating.

Marbled wood panel

I actually really enjoyed working on wood panels. The pieces all came out great. Plus I sold over half the pieces I submitted.

Buddha Ebru Panel

Marbled wood panel

I am definitely going to try doing more work on wood in the future. So keep an eye out for them.

Next was the vinyl show at Future Shock PDX. This was my second time taking part in the all vinyl record art show. But this year I utilized 45s.

vinyl show
marbled and stencilled and on display in Future Shock

The 45s were a fun twist on working with vinyl.

marbled vinyl

And so was the clock kit.

marbled vinyl
Unfortunately time slipped right off the wall and broke

Some of the un-sold pieces will be available in my etsy shop if you are interested.

Or are you interested in commissioning custom art, or booking an ebru lesson, workshop, demo, party, or performance? Contact me at art@dannyebru.com

Peace & Love,
- Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment