Thursday, June 23, 2016

Masks

I am doing a lot of masking.

I started by drawing up some images. I then turned the drawings I liked in to designs that I could cut out. Then the cut up designs were used as masking while taking the ebru mono-print. The masking is then removed to reveal the final image.

Triple Lotus Ebru Art
Triple lotus design

The Lotus flower is a symbol of perseverance and enlightenment. The Lotus is a flower that rises out of the mud to bring beauty to the world with its presence and harmony to the mind with its essence.

Marbled Lotus Ebru Art
The lotus is also associated with beauty, fertility, prosperity, spirituality, and eternity

I also created a design with Shiva's Trishula and a sanskrit Shiva prayer.

Om Namah Shivaya
Om Namah Shivaya

You might notice that two of these pieces have a very fine combed pattern. I recently spoiled myself with a new super fine toothed comb. I don't know how I went so long without it.

In Other News

----Workshops----

There are two paper marbling workshops coming up at the Loaded Brush in Portland, Oregon. One will be on June 26th, and the other on July 6th.

*sign-up for workshops in advance at the Loaded Brush.



Are you interested in commissioning custom art or booking an ebru lesson, workshop, demo, party, or performance? Contact me at art@dannyebru.com

Peace & Love,
- Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment