Thursday, August 11, 2016

Big Time

I recently decided to try to make my masked patterns on a larger scale. My normal dimensions for masking projects is 8"x 10" or 11"x 14". I have been working in those sizes for years, but the urge to go bigger was ever present. So, I started cutting some big masks, and started a dynamic collection of large ebru art originals.

Paper Mask
large hand cut paper mask

The dimensions I'm working with now is 18"x 24". I used to only marble paper this size for my screen print projects. Now I am quite comfortable masking marbled patterns at this size too.

Ebru Art
large handmade ebru art

Ebru Art Spiral
Large triple spiral ebru art

Three of the big ebru pieces are mandalas. With two of them being chakra mandala interpretations. Plus a new large Sri Yantra mandala. I intend to make a chakra mandala for each of the primary seven chakras.

Ebru Art - Third Eye Mandala - Ajna Chakra
Third Eye Mandala - Ajna Chakra

Ebru Art - Root Chakra Mandala - Muladhara Chakra
Root Chakra Mandala - Muladhara Chakra

Ebru Art Mandala - Sri Yantra
Large Ebru Art Mandala - Sri Yantra

I'm going to keep working on big pieces. I want to finish up the chakra mandalas, and I have a few patterns in mind for future pieces too.

I really liked cutting on a larger scale. However I will still be making the smaller original sizes too. I love how much detail is packed into to the patterns of the smaller sizes.

In Other News

----Workshops----

There is a paper marbling workshop coming up at the Loaded Brush in Portland, Oregon on August 31st.

*sign-up for workshops in advance at the Loaded Brush.

I will be hosting a small workshop at OMSI on September 11th as part of the Portland Mini Maker Faire.

Thats all for now! Are you interested in commissioning custom art or booking an ebru art lesson, workshop, demo, party, or performance? Contact me at art@dannyebru.com

Peace & Love,
- Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment