Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Shapes of things

Over the Summer months I had time to work on a few marbled art pieces. I put together a medley of patterns to be cut up and used like a stencil to make layers in the marbling.

The designs were mostly patterns built from simple geometric shapes.

Danny Ebru
A cosmic circle mandala

I really like the circles. I don't use black to often in my work, but in this case it wouldn't be the same without it.

Danny Ebru
Concentric perspective

Forcing the perspective a bit really makes it feel like the pattern continues beyond the frame.

Danny Ebru
It keeps going... and going

And some of the pieces reflect the seasonal sunshine.

Danny Ebru
As above...

Danny Ebru
...So below

But really I am dreaming about those Portland rain puddles.

Danny Ebru
and pond ripples.

In Other News

I've started selling prints and t-shirts again at the Portland Saturday Market. A weekly local Art & Craft faire on the Portland waterfront. Stop in and check out stuff first hand if your in the area.

----Workshops----

I will be hosting a Turkish paper marbling workshop at San Clemente Art Supply on September 16th.

I will be hosting a Turkish paper marbling workshop at ASW's Catalyst Gallery on September 17th.

Thats all for now!
Are you interested in commissioning custom art or booking an ebru art lesson, workshop, demo, party, or performance? Contact me at art@dannyebru.com

Peace & Love,
- Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment