Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Rounding Up

Hey, It looks like we made it to 2018.

I would just like to catch up on what I had been up to for the last bit of 2017. I've been quite productive.

I had the privilege to make a series of collaborative works with the artist Chelsea Rose(aka: @LucidRose). We made a total of ten pieces on wood panel. Each piece was marbled first, Then Chelsea adorned the ebru art with an original painting of a creature or scene from the world of Lucid Rose

Big 500 2017 - Danny Ebru Lucid Rose Collabs
Joint Efforts

We created the ten pieces for the 10th Annual Portland Big 500 Art Show. The Big 500 is a neat show that happens every December. It has 500 local artists contribute art for a massive display that spans three different neighboring galleries.

Big 500 2017
First come, first serve

The whole show is "cash & carry". Meaning if you want a piece just pull it off the wall and pay for it then take it with you. This first come style creates quite the commotion.

I also held a Silk Marbling workshop at The Loaded Brush in Portland.

Silk Marbling Workshop
Another successful Ebru workshop

Its been a while since holding a silk workshop. I had a blast and we all had some great marbled results. So, I decided to hold another silk marbling workshop this Spring.

----Workshops----

I will be hosting a silk marbling workshop at The Loaded Brush on February 11th.

Thats all for now!
Are you interested in commissioning custom art or booking an ebru art lesson, workshop, demo, party, or performance? Contact me at art@dannyebru.com

Peace & Love,
- Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment